DECLARATION OF FAITH
The ASCM is an institution operated under the ministry of Church of God, and is strongly committed to the Pentecostal religious position of the sponsoring denomination. The Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries believes:
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead; that He ascended into heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration and the new birth, are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness is God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism of the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and that all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and in the washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away all the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection, eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.